Wow, it has been a long time since I have blogged. I believe the reason for this... and when I say reason, I definitely mean that in a plural sense, is my lack of time (where does it go?) to myself, the crazy life I lead, the wonderful times I get to drive to Salt Lake to see loved ones, and other reasons. Usually I will blog for a little bit and enjoy that time to reflect on what has been going on in my life, but I just haven't had much of that lately. I am making that time :)
I have been stressed. Stressed may not even be a good term to express this stress that I have been feeling. When I signed up for classes in the fall I for sure thought I knew what I was doing. HA! nope. I thought, heck... 19 credits? I can do that easy. I took 18 credits in the fall and it was a breeze.. plus, I was in season! How could this not be easy?! Little did I know that the classes I would be taking this semester would each require me to read non stop, take notes non stop, write outlines non stop, write responses non stop, and never get a second to myself non stop. So I began to tell myself, you know what... it will be worth it, being stressed for 4 months straight without a second to go actually spend some time with your bff will definitely be worth it... until I found out... du du duuuuuuu... the class I was proposing to take in the summer to ensure my graduation in the fall was CANCELLED. yes. C-A-N-C-E-L-L-E-D. What do they expect me to do? I was worried. I wanted to finish school and be done, but this university just really does not want me to leave and move on with my life.
However much stress this caused me then, I have made a conscious decision to leave it behind me. I have to admit, I let some tears fall out of these overly expensive eyes that I have and yes, I was sad that I wouldn't be able to go on with the plan that I had set for myself, but I figured that what was the point in getting all emotional about something that I really have no control over. I have always known, with past experiences, that things happen and life changes for reasons we may not know at the time or even understand, but I know it is something that will be beneficial for me and I accept that.
So let me tell you what I did. I took control. I said to myself... I dont deserve this stress!!
I dropped a class. Ladies a gentleman... I let myself go and did what I should have done in the first place. I dropped my online class that I will be able to fulfill in the summer in place of the class that was cancelled and I will hopefully take that class in the fall, hopefully.
I love my mom and dad!
also... I chipped my crown last weekend.
blah blah blah.
and... Jeff is the sweetest bf in the world! and totally hot. I am a lucky girl!
Despite the little things that happen... Life is GOOD!
4 comments:
Sorry Miss, that is frustrating. I am proud of you for having such a good attitude! Good for you!
You are amazing!
I love reading your posts! They're always good pick-me-ups.. always help remind me what is really important in life! Thanks Meliss!
I am so happy you relieved your stress Lisa! The pic of you and Jeffery is so cute!
Post a Comment