We have a NEW blog!

Come check out our blog at jeffandmelissabrewer.blogspot.com or just click HERE

21.1.09

I cant wait....

There are so many things that I am looking forward to. Some of these things are going to happen soon.... and some of them are going to happen in the future. But I am SO excited for them all!


#1. Michael is coming home on the 5th of February!! Oh my goodness, I just am so excited to see that boy! As much as he would tease me when we were both at home, I miss that guy so much. He has such a funny personality and has a great sense of humor... sometimes too great. I remember one day before school I was running late (nothing really out of the ordinary) and Mo thought it would be hilarious to hide my keys. At the time I was so mad!! I was yelling at him "WHERE ARE MY KEYS???" he just sat there giggling his evil little laugh. No matter how nice I asked him to tell me where he put my keys he would not tell me and he walked out the door to go to school. I was LIVID! haha, I could not believe he would hide them and not tell me where they were. I called him immediately and begged him, pleaded with him to tell me where he put my keys and he said "are you in the kitchen?" After I told him yes, he said "look up." He had TAPED my keys to the ceiling. Are you kidding me?? Who thinks to do that? I think it is pretty funny now, but I was so mad at the time. oh, and... he continued to hide my keys sporadically throughout that year. In the silverware drawer. In the junk drawer. In the fridge. 

It will be so nice to have him HOME.

#2. Spring Break! Oh, this is just the most wonderful week of spring semester. I think we are about 2 1/2 weeks into the semester and I already feel like it has been way too long. haha! I just love spending time with Jeff and when I am living in Logan it really restricts the amount of time I get to see him. I have been spending some quality time with him in the gym watching my little brothers dominate on the basketball court, but it would be nice to see him more than just at those games. Plus, when spring rolls along that means that summer is getting close and I just love when the sun comes out to play and the weather is warm and I can be outside without getting white fingers cause I am too cold and swim and brown my skin. mmmm.... sounds nice right about now. 

#3. Student Teaching. This scares me a little bit, but I think it is more a fear of the unknown. I really am hoping to get in a student teaching placement with a teacher at Skyline, Bunting. Everyone I have talked to has told me he is really amazing at what he does and I am looking for a mentor. I feel like he would be great to work with, but I am open to whatever options come my way. I am so excited to be immersed with students and teach and learn and grow and become what I have always dreamed of becoming. I look forward to this so much. 

#4. Moving to Salt Lake City. It has been such a long time since I have actually LIVED in Salt Lake. I feel like every time I go there I am just visiting and I really miss going to the city and living in that beautiful place next to the mountains and wildlife. It is such a beautiful place and I am anxious to move back, even if it is only a little over an hour and a half away from where I am now. 

#5. The Marathon in May. I have been training for 2 weeks now and although the training is not too hard yet, I know it will get harder and challenge me in ways that I have never before experienced. I am so excited to test my body and test my drive. I have never really been a steady runner, but I feel really good so far and I cant wait to check off this goal of mine. 

Oh gosh, there are so many more things I am looking forward to, but realistically, I cant write ALL of them down here. This is just a preview :)

4 comments:

Erin Davis said...

The keys on the ceiling thing is a great and funny idea! And a marathon, you are amazing!

Luke and Marin said...

How fun! Good luck with student teaching!!

micah folsom photography said...

How exciting! So many fun things! And major props for the marathon!! That is so awesome... I am probably the worst runner in the world so I look up to ANYONE who can get themselves to do these things!!

Adam and Tara said...

It seems like something is missing from this preview?? :) I miss you girl! Fill me in on good 'ol USU. We need to get together, maybe in our old spot at the library?