I have been thinking a lot about this past year as it is soon coming to an end this week and I have contemplated about the numerous blessings that have been given to me. I cannot even begin to count or name off the infinite blessings that have come this year, it would be the loongest post ever!! It is amazing to me how wonderful our Heavenly Father is and how much he really loves and cares about all of us individually.
This year I have had so many different experiences, some good, some not so good, but through all of them I have grown and I have learned so much that it just makes me smile and think that life is grand :) I remember this summer having to get Lasik because I kept getting ulcers in my eyes. That was such a huge blessing to be able to get the surgery and to have healthy eyesight and to STILL have that blessing and know that my Heavenly Father was watching over me. I think of what my life would be like if I wouldn't have been able to have that surgery and although I am certain I would have lived, even if it was with pain, it has been such an amazing feeling to know that I am no longer having those eye problems and that when I wake up in the morning I can see what is in front of me.
I think also of the wonderful family that I am able to spend so much time with. My brothers are so talented, each one of them, and I learn so much from their diligence and spiritual countenance. I think of myself when I was their age and they are so far ahead of me. They are wonderful young men and I look up to them so much. High school can be really tough in today's world and I cant imagine the social pressures that my brothers experience, but i think they are pretty awesome for who they are. Tyler is truly such a good friend to me. I love talking with him and he always has the best technology and can really give some great advice. I absolutely adore my cousins. Each one of them is so unique and special to me. They are all so fun to be with and have the greatest personalities. We have so much fun together and I love them all so much.
I think that the best blessings in life truly come from within the family. I know that I can be absolutely spoiled rotten sometimes, but in all reality, those things do not matter most to me. What matters to me is that my family is healthy and happy and that we can be together. This has been the biggest blessing of this year for me. My grandparents are all healthy and we have been able to spend time with them, which is dear to my heart. I am so thankful for those blessings and hope that the New Year brings those same blessings along with it.
I am so excited for a New Year to begin. I cannot believe it is almost 2009! The years fly by and I cannot believe how fast it goes. I still feel like an awkward high schooler, even though I am long past that time! I wish everyone a healthy and a Happy New Year!
1 comments:
Okay, I didn't know you had a blog! Now I can keep tabs on you! Beware! Just kidding. HOpe you are enjoying your holiday break. Lets get together before you go back up to school. How is your training going? I am starting next Monday! I can't wait for the Marathon!
Post a Comment