We have a NEW blog!

Come check out our blog at jeffandmelissabrewer.blogspot.com or just click HERE

16.6.08

Fishing and Father's Day

This weekend was absolutely refreshing and full of so much fun with family and friends. On Friday I went fishing with my good friend Courtney. We went to the Wellsville Dam and he taught me how to fish (since it was my first time ever) and not to brag, but I was pretty much a natural at it. haha! I caught TWO fish!!! They were rainbow trouts. The water was pretty disgusting though. It was filled with algae, so we decided we didnt want to eat algae flavored rainbow trout and we just let the fish go. Courtney was so patient with me. I got his line stuck in the tree and it broke off!! I felt so bad, but he was so nice and I was so excited that I even caught a fish... so of course, we took pictures. Courtney didnt catch any but he still is a pro. How else would I ever have learned how to fish??


Sunday was the best day of all though because it was Father's Day. My entire family always gets together up at my grandparent's house in Holladay. Everyone was there except the missionaries, Sachi and Mo, and Grandma Lois. Kimi and Craig had some visitors with them too which was really fun. The family that is staying with them is from Japan and they are here visiting because their THIRTEEN year old daughter is a brilliant pianist. She played for us and she truly is incredible. She was chosen one of thirty in the whole world to play with a group here in Utah. I can see why now!! Other than playing outside in the beautiful sunshine, we talked and made our families traditional Pineapple Ice Cream and munched on fruit and veggies and just hungout all night! We had such a good time. Gracie is so darn cute and we always have so much fun together. She told me that not only am I her cousin, but I am also her friend. She is the most adorable little girl!

Here are some other pictures of us hanging out and just having a good time! I have the greatest family in the world! I love you guys!

3 comments:

Steve Weller said...

Your family looks great! You should check out the pictures of our little boy! I'm glad I found your site!

Heather said...

Don't you love fishing!? It is so fun when you catch more than the boys! I'm glad I stumbled across your blog... you are absolutely darling!

rachel june* said...

Yeah! Im glad you commented on my blog. It was fun to look at yours too. What are you up to? Ever play v-ball? I always want to get a group of us together and play sometime. It would be a blast!!