This past weekend was really fun! All the wedding plans are coming together really nicely! My bridesmaids have all been so wonderful and we are pretty much all so excited for this big day to come. I cant tell you the mixture of emotions that I feel just thinking about this special day. I really am so excited, but I have to admit, I feel nervous at times that I won't be the perfect wife, or I won't be able to contribute to our little family as much as Jeff will be. I want to be able to help us get started and not have to be in school. Jeff is so amazing though and he is always working so hard all day long. I know we will be so happy living together and starting our lives together.
On Friday, I had such a busy day! It was absolutely beautiful outside and I had to run 18 miles for my marathon training. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be and I just wished that I could have ran the whole thing that day and got it over with! At times I thought my legs just might fall right off! But I made it and I am alive, so that is good news! The runs feel like they keep getting harder. My body is barely holding up and I feel like a grandma most of the time. I think that the marathon will be so much fun and the hype will make it easier than these long training runs, but I just cant wait to cross that finish line! It will feel so much better the dull ache in my hips and joints!



After my run, I ran some errands before driving up to Layton to hangout with my babe and our friends. Jeff and I and his brothers and their ladies all went to the batting cages at Cherry Hill and practiced for the upcoming softball season! We are so excited to play. Jeff is so good and he hits homeruns practically every time he swings the bat! I am excited to play because I have never played on an actual softball team before. I am really looking forward to trying something new!
On Saturday, Jeff and I decided to hit up Target and register for our wedding. We have had a hard time registering because we dont know where we will be living after we get married. We registered for all the basic stuff like towels, sheets, kitchen supplies, bathroom stuff, etc, but we were told that we needed to have over 300 items on our registry! We were at like....170 or so? Yikes. I dont know what else I could possibly want! So, we are just sticking with what we scanned and maybe we will go back and try to add some random things, but I just dont see the point in registering for something you dont really need or want! Any tips?
Later that night, Jeff and I went over to his brother's house in Sugar house to play Settler's of Catan. I have really started to love this game! This night was especially monumental because I WON!! For the first time ever, I won this game all by myself, without Jeff whispering in my ear where to build my settlements. I was pretty proud of myself.
Before we started playing the game, cute little Ally was still awake and was playing with us. Jeff was being so silly with her! They were drawing and making art. It was so cute!
On Easter Sunday I was going to be teaching my primary class because my mom was in St. George with the rest of the family. Jeff decided to come to church with me so that I wouldnt have to take care of the kiddies all by myself. When he came to my house to pick me up he surprised me with the most beautiful flowers! They were red and pink Gerbera Daisies. He is so thoughtful and sweet to me. He got them from the place where we are getting our wedding flowers done. I dont know why flowers make me so happy when I get them, but it really can change your day! Thank you so much for the beautiful flowers, Jeff! I love you!
6 comments:
I'm so excited for you! You two are the cutest couple! I'm so impressed by your marathon training... that is definitely on my list of things I want to do in my life! So good for you! As for the registering thing... I think they tell you that so you'll register for more stuff hoping they will sell more stuff! We listened to them and everyone made fun of us for having such a long "registry list" it was kind of embarrassing : )!! Made us feel greedy! So I say keep it with the stuff you want! Good Luck with everything! SO exciting! You will be such a pretty bride! Can't wait to see pictures!
whatever! i bet you are going to make a very great wife! and also, i think i am subbing on your softball team so i am excited we are gonna kick some trash!
That's a lot of running! I wouldn't add things to your list if you don't need them. We got stuff of our list that we wondered why we registered for it! Cute flowers!
K I love allie's haircut! You have nothing to worry about with being a good wife you will be amazing! Whitey put me through school...I just told everyone I was on the "whitey scholarship" can't wait for the big day! Congrats on winning settlers
How sweet Jeff gave you flowers! Also, I feel like such an old woman after all of this running, but I am pumped for the big race! I think I will be crying when I cross the finish line! For a number of reasons:1 my body will be hurting 2 All the training has paid off and 3 I have accomplished a goal! Only 1 more month!
I love those pictures of jeff and allie! EZ and I can't wait for your wedding!
Post a Comment