We have a NEW blog!

Come check out our blog at jeffandmelissabrewer.blogspot.com or just click HERE

31.8.08

A Winner....

is a dreamer who never quits. DREAM BIG!

A mom of a girl on my team gave us this quote this past weekend after we had struggled to win any of our 3 matches. We had some hard losses, not to mention the loss of one of our middle blockers to what we hope is not an ACL tear, but also the hard losses against teams we know we can beat. I think that is the hardest part about any team sport... It's not so much that you know you can beat someone, I feel like we can beat anyone no matter who it is, the difficult part is playing together as a team and coming out victorious when the other team is trying to do the same thing. This weekend was good for our young team. We had lots of ups and downs and I am feel really proud to be a part of my team. There are so many roads we can take, but we all know we have long journey ahead of us, whatever direction we choose to go. I have so much faith in us and I know that these games and losses and wins are all preparing us for what is most important, conference matches. I hate losing... there is no getting around that. But I do like that my team works hard and we never give up on each other. We have become such a tight knit family and I would rather have that then win every single match we play. We will come out successful in the end, it is just an uphill battle and I am stoked for our team to keep fighting and getting better each day. Learning experiences like we have had this weekend really help teams to grow and I feel our team growing now. This season will be an exciting one for Utah State and I feel blessed to be a part of it!

1 comments:

Erica said...

You are so cute!! Keep your head up babe