The Rain Storm
By Melissa Osterloh
The rain has stopped
I am soaked
When did the weather change?
How long have I been out here
in the cold?
I remember when I used to lay in the sun
Feel its warmth on my back
soak into my skin
heal
my body
I remember the feeling it gave me
Where did the sun go?
In the rain I smile
Laugh and cry and no
one can see
Lose feelings
Down city drains, through rural streets
Into the palm of your hand
White clouds fill the air
Things have changed.
why?
When?
How long does it take to get back to sunshine
summer
true. blue, yellow. and pink
I am so cold here in this place
White fingers
Wet cheeks and eyes
Rain that just won’t fade
How do you trust the weather
When for so long it was what you thought it would be
Where did the storm come from and
Where is it going?
18.2.08
Posted by Melissa at 10:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment